Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:54:05 +0000
Esperanza got four oral chemotherapy treatments of Cytoxan last week, from
Sunday through Wednesday, and by the time she was finished, the large
tumors in her abdomen (intestinal and sublumbar) could no longer be felt
by palpitation.

Our vet, of course, informed me that this does not mean the cancer is gone,
but I think that's pretty amazing.  She can go to the bathroom now and she
even eats Totally Ferret on her own now and then.  Of course, she loves her
duck soup, too.

Cytoxan was one of the treatments in Dr. Jeglum's protocol in the Ferret
FAQ, with the dose scaled back to ferret-size amounts instead of cat-size
amounts.  The vet recommended Cytoxan because it was the least toxic of
the drugs in the protocol.

Esperanza has a follow-up appointment next week.

Linda and Esperanza