From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:50:25 -0400
>From:    William Killian - Zen and the Art of Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>>From:    "K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Well, yes, I do.  Most of the time.  I have been known to wardance buck
>>nekkid with the ferrets though.  :-D
>
>So do you sell tickets to watch as a shelter fund raiser?  <ducking real
>fast>

Actually I bet people would pay to NOT see me dance like that.  So how
about it?  If you'll send a donation to the shelter, I promise not to
come down there and jiggle around in the nude. ;-D

>From:    Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
>I caught Patch eating some rat food yesterday...the compressed pellet type.
>Will this be bad for Patch's digestive system or am I just a panicking
>first-time ferret owner?

Don't panic, I doubt it will hurt him.  Won't be very nutritious, but it
probably won't hurt him.  That stuff turns into mush if it gets wet enough,
so I doubt you'd have to worry about blockage either.

>Also, yesterday Patch's bowel movements were accompanied by loud farting
>noises.  Is this normal or am I just a panicking first-time ferret owner?

Was this after he ate the lab blocks? :-)  Could have been all that fiber.
Pass the Beano please.

>Lily's had a bowel movement yesterday that looked like translucent amber,
>but today her poop looked normal.  Should I be worried?

Once I wouldn't worry too much about one occassion.  If it happens
repeatedly, then possibly I would worry.

>And, why is it that becoming a ferret owner seems to involve an obsession
>with ferret poop?

Same thing happens with bird owners, and probably cat owners, dog owners....
Poop-watching is part of the fun!

Karen
"The snake is an animal. It has a backbone and heart. It has red blood and
drinks water and eats food. It breathes air and feels fear, just like every
other animal in the world. And it's in a body that is the hardest thing for
the average person to understand."
                -- Dave Barker, herpetologist
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html