Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:24:22 -0400
john rich <[log in to unmask]>  wrote on 10/15/2006, 2:00 AM:
> Shirley, PLEASE do not start another 'raw' vs. 'kibble' debate.....I
> think it would have been more "appropriate" to email "jj" privately!...

I disagree - even strongly.  If questions are asked on the FML. unless
the person requests private responses, it is appropriate to answer on
the FML.

The FML is not a static group.  Members are joining and leaving all the
time, and some new members may benefit from discussions of topics that
may have been covered in the past.

However, I do agree that once information has been presented, and there
is nothing new to say, then it is time to drop the thread.  Rehashing
the same information day after day becomes tiresome.

We will never all agree on everything.  Polite discussion of topics can
be very useful, because it may get people thinking about things they
normally wouldn't consider.  As long as the discussion remains polite,
I do not see a problem.  People who do not want to read the posts can
skip over them.  I rarely read all of any FML, as some topics just do
not interest me.

We shouldn't be so quick to censor discussion.  We all can learn from
each other.

--
Danee DeVore
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator