Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:32:59 -0500
Ok, Vet's results and backup story :

Douk went thru surgery for an interssusception 15 days ago.checking for
anomalies, the vet spotted out an enlarged spleen but saw no easily
discernable lymphomes he could remove...fixed the duodenum and sent the
ferret back home.

He ate ok for a few days then suddenly became weak and refused to eat..
Back to the vet with blood screening : Way low of course.  As he just have
been thru surgery, removing the spleen now seems a bit "too much" so the
vet decided to put him under prednizone.  We have to forcefeed him because
he doesn't want to eat.... but he gladly accepts bread and butter, go
figure... We won't refuse him that, for sure !

So, Prednizone it is... Could this buy him a few quality time ?  I know
it won't cure Insulinoma and that the back lash will be definitive.  Does
removing the spleen helps a lot ?  Even if he went thru surgery like 15
days ago ?  how much time will it buy ?

Darn, I'm SO sad...

SoMK