From:
"Dina A. Stevenson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 05:42:13 -0500
Three little notes:

1) A story I can't resist telling.  My SO & I were in the mall in Concord,
NH recently and, of course, had to spend some time in the pet store visiting
with the baby ferr-oids.  When we got there, there was a little boy, maybe 4
or 5 years old, sitting on the floor by the ferret cage staring raptly at
the leaping beasties.  We sat beside him and watched in silence for a few
minutes before he looked up at us and said, wide eyed and with a sincere
nod, "I like mukkeys." We thought, "Good guess, kiddo," they are very like
monkeys, er. . .mukkeys.

2) My little guys are Maurice (nicknames Momo, tubby, kiss-weasel, mosey,
mosel, etc.) and Newton (nicknames Newt, noodle [he's a long skinny kinda
guy], noodlebrain, nuisance).  But they want me to tell you what they prefer
to be called: The Danger Guys.  They feel it does something for their image.

3) I know a group of ferrets is called a "business," but it seems to me that
we could come up with some better, more descriptive names.  I think "circus"
would be good.  What do you think?

Dina