From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:49:12 -0400
>Regarding concerns with April 12 ferret article: The story on Jen Morrison
>was provided by Layton City prosecutors.  The information in the story
>was a matter of court record, and not an indepth investigation piece on
>Morrison.  I understand your concerns and should a follow-up story arise,
>I will take the information you have provided me into consideration.
>
>Thanks for reading.
>Bryon Saxton.

Yeah, well, the court record didn't call her a "Ferret Friend" and a
"Friend to Ferrets".  He chose to use both those terms in his article,
and that's why he's drawing so much ire, deservedly so.  If a rapist were
convicted of a lesser charge, would he entitle the article, "Friend to
Women Fined"?  Somehow, I think not.

Lisette raised a very interesting point yesterday, which I hope someone
closer to Utah or with closer ties to the case can investigate.  How did
Morrison move out of Utah so quickly if she's just been placed on
probation?  Based on an experience I recently had trying to help a friend
move out of Maine, it is not a simple step to get permission to move out
of state when you are on probation (but maybe it's different in other
parts of the country).  My friend can't move from Maine until the court
assigns him a probation contact in Massachusetts.

Maybe, though, it is less strict on the West coast. I don't know.

I DO know that surrounding states will need to be watchful...if Morrison
has indeed moved out of state (and who knows if anyone can believe her
son, he sounds just as crazy as she is), it's not only a matter of WHEN
will she pop up again, but also WHERE??

Also, does anyone know for sure if she was a 501(c)(3) or certified
tax-exempt?  If so, letters need to go to the IRS as well as the state
that would have given her tax-exempt status.  At the very least, let's
alert the IRS so that they will revoke or at least not renew her status,
so she can't bilk donors out of any more money.

-Heather W. in Massachusetts
 Mad, but trying to put it to good use!