From:
Kenneth Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 00:51:35 -0500
Hello again and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Just a little note on the condition of Binky.

She went from 1 3/4 - 2 lbs down to 1 lb in a very short time.  The vet
feared kidney problems.  He was not able to do blood work due to low blood
pressure.  She was under normal tempeture.  And she was dehydrated and had
diahrea.  That was at the beginning of December.

She just visited the vet on Saturday and is now up to 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds.
She is eating on her own to some degree and eating very well when held in
your lap with a bowl of food.  We are still feeding her sustacal or ducksoup
once to twice daily and the vet recommends continuing until we are at normal
body weight.  Her stool has become more firm and she is active and playful
again.  We also are giving her 1-2 doses of nutracal a day.  She is steadly
improving.

We already have the only gift we wanted for Christmas......Our Binky on the
road to recovery.

The vet agrees with the opinions of several of the people I spoke to through
E-mail and by phone including Dr. Williams.  She apparently contracted a
virus of some sort, probably while she was not eating enough in protest of a
new ferret in the house.  We treated this with antibiotics twice a day and
vitamin B shots once a day.  She seems to be fully recovering now.

Thanks to all who offered there help!!!! Have a very merry Christmas!!!!!

P.S.  - Anybody who has a ferret with dry skin problems......try 8 in 1
ferret sheen spray.  It really conditions their skin when used twice a day.
We have a ferret who has lost a lot of hair due to skin problems and this
stuff is really helping!  Try it.

And a Merry Christmas to all you fellow fuzzy friends!!!!!!!!!!!!