Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 23:00:00 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Minn. Policy in error
>>MN      >N     >O     >K       >
>>          >Dr. Kirk Smith, MN Dept of Health, xxx-623-5000  (I need an area
>>           code for this, please)

>I don't know where you got this information but it is in error on almost
>every count.  ....<snip>.... The contact people I have always worked with
>are Craig Hedberg, State Epidemiologist (and jerk) and Mike Ostlund
>(Hedberg's Boss).

The information came from Dr. Kirk Smith, MN Dept.  of Health, and was
forwarded to me by another FML'er.

Can you document your info?  I need contact info, i.e. agency, address, and
phone #s for the officials you named, and/or Chapter/Section/Paragraph/Page
etc.  of the appropriate regulations (preferably both....) You can remain
anonymous if you prefer; I have no problem at all with that as long as I can
give folks SOME way of verifying the info.  (Unfortunately, I need more than
"Anonymous said....." )

>Keep in mind that just because something is official policy it may not be
>followed or even known by the underlings who are taking actions.  This is
>especially true when there has been a policy change within the last few
>years.

I stated this at the beginning of the data table.  Kodo's case has proven
pretty dramatically that personal experience may not have anything to do
with the actual regulations.  But unless we know the regs, we don't have any
way of knowing whether our local officials are following them.

>Trust me...I know what I'm talking about concerning this issue.

No offence meant but, again, I can't know whether your info is more valid
than another's if I have no idea where the info comes from.  Especially,
since your contacts seem to disagree with the MN Dept. of Health.  Please
send me the documentation for the info you posted (either through the FML or
in personal email - I WILL respect your anonymity if you request it), and
I'd be _very_ glad to make the necessary corrections.

Thanks again to everyone who's doing the research and helping me "proof" the
info before it goes into published hardcopy or a web page - I'll post
corrections and additions to the data as I get them in.  (If you didn't see
your state listed, I don't have any info - would you be willing to help?)

Carla Smith
WhyNot? Ferrets
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club