From:
"mark rice, east-texas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 14:14:20 -0600
Regarding James Makowski's "Ferrets on TV", my wife and I were watching
it too. When the ferret was on screen (for too short of time) we both
exclaimed  A FERRET!!!!  It was a light colored one, kindly sharing its
ice-cream cone with a pet human.

This is my first time to post.  My wife gave me a ferret for this
most recent Christmas.  The ferret is a cute female measuring 18 inches
from head to tail, and rather skinny (she's got to eat some Gerbers
Chicken baby food, like Dr. Bruce Williams suggested. re:FERRET Digest
- 12 Jan 1995 to 13 Jan 1995).  My wife got her from a previous
owner that couldn't spend sufficient time with the little darling.  My
attempts at finding her "roots" have been unsuccessful, so far.  She's
about 8 months old, according to the previous owner.  I know that female
ferrets are smaller than the males, but is 18 inches at 8 months
considered "petite" or what?  She came with cedar chips, which, thanks to
various comments here, are in the trash.

Thanks to everyone that has helped in educating me.  I still feel that
I'm at a 1st grade level in Ferret Biology.  Keep teaching me.

One comment for Dick Bossart in NH or anyone in MA regarding ferret
legalization:  Get a video of FERRETS UNMASKED for the committee chairman
that heard the ferret bill (if your story is confirmed).  A Republican
or Democrat county chairman in a big city area should be able to confirm
(with alittle research) if a MA bill did exist, and if so, which committee
deliberated it.  Depending on your state laws, a bill could be
reintroduced to the committee that originally heard it.  But sounds like
some state representatives and senators need to get educated, first.
Whoever authored the bill should be contacted and assisted in the
education effort.

Mark Rice, Rebublican County Chairman
Greenville, Tx.  [[log in to unmask]]
"Where blue birds and ferrets play freely..."