From:
D L Lindemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 08:34:26 EST
Hey, Everybody -

I'm normally just a lurker here & I'm way behind on the FML... (as usual!) I
noticed a post recently about somebody (sorry!  Don't know who!) who was
looking for a vet in the NY area... If you will e-mail me direct, I will
give you the name of a vet NEVER to see if you truly love your critters!

Earlier this week, my sweet little girl, Carrey, died... and I know it's due
to inadequate care on the part of the vets & staff... out & out negligence.
Too make a _very_ long story short.... Carrey got into something & ended up
with an obstruction - Dr. C did a series of tests (blood, x-ray & barium
x-ray) and then did surgery.  AT NO TIME did this so-called "professional"
ever tell me that there could be any risk from using the barium.  Carrey had
a small perforation in her small intestine, the barium leaked into her
abdominal cavity & caused her to have a raging infection.  Next came the
surgery.... Dr. C removed an entire foot of Carrey's small intestine &
during the course of the surgery, Carrey ended up with a burn on her back
from a defective heating pad - we were never notified of this.  After the
surgery, we went to visit her & even we - being non-vet-type people - could
see that Carrey was very seriously dehydrated.... and had not been given ANY
fluids at all (this was 3 days after her surgery!!!) Carrey was also
vomiting up the antibiotics they were giving her by mouth - they never gave
her an injectable antibiotic!  As soon as we realized what was going on - we
grabbed her & rushed to another vet (who agreed that there were an awful lot
of things done improperly) but it was too late... the new vet wasn't able to
save her & Carrey died just after midnight on Wednesday morning.

I am absolutely _heartbroken_ over losing Carrey... she only turned a year
old in October & NO animal should ever have to go through what my sweet
little baby girl went through... her constant companion, Digger, is now
alone - at the moment he _seems_ okay and we've been giving him TONS of
extra attention.  I think he knows why Carrey is gone since we took him with
us when we went to visit her.  But I still feel sorry for him... and I ache
for the pain that Carrey went through in the hands of an inept vet.  I would
love to post his name here, but I worry about the possibility of being
accused of libel..... if you live in the Orange County New York area & want
to contact me privately, I will explain further.

Missing my sable sweetie..........

Donna