From:
"David J.Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 12:46:40 -0500
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>managed to get himself stuck overnight underneath the sink cabinet.  There
>was a 3-4 inch high space beneath the floor of the cabinet.

Beware!  There often are holes underneath where pipes or wiring are brought
through.  It largely depends on the contractors that built the house whether
these are just sufficient to clear the pipes or whether they are larger and
could allow a ferret access to the wall cavity.  I have one under our sink
where a relatively large bit of subfloor was just cut away with a saw to
form a rectangular hole through which two water pipes and a drain were run.
Plenty of room for a ferret to get through.

The gap under the front of the cabinets is normal and is intended to allow
for air circulation.  I have gone around all ours and fixed a strip of
hardboard to block it off, so far with no ill effects due to the lack of air
circulation.  I shall have to try and remember to remove them all if I ever
move.  Check kitchens, bathrooms and anywhere else where you have these
cabinets.