From:
Three Rivers Ferret Council <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 04:42:56 +0000
Hello FML'ers...

The 12th annual Three Rivers Ferret Follies Fun Match & Picnic is
quickly approaching on September 14, 2008. We would like to invite
anyone and everyone to join us in Pittsburgh at South Park for a fun,
ferrety day full of games, prizes and food! Ferrets are welcome to
attend as long as they are healthy and friendly, please use common
sense and discretion when bring ferrets and be sure to provide a play
space or carrier for them to relax in. Harness/leashes are strongly
recommended. In the past, between 60-100 ferret lovers have come
together to enjoy this fun day at the park.

Games will include: Paper Bag Escape, Matchbox Car Races, Cup Tip
Surprise, Sock Escape, Flower Pot Excavation, Chariots of Fire and a
Tube Race* (*additional fee for the tube race, you get to keep your
20ft dryer tube!) Games are $1 each - the top 3 finishers in each
receives a ribbon and the winner gets a surprise gift!!

Lunch is also part of our festivities!! The TRFC provides hamburgers,
hotdogs and drinks. We ask that each attendee please bring a small dish
to share. Ice is also encouraged. :o) There is a small fee charged for
admission to the picnic, this helps pay for the $150 park rental fee -
admission is $4.00 for club members and $5.00 if you are not a member.
You get 3 FREE raffle tickets with each paid admission...which brings
us to the next exciting part of the picnic...

THE RAFFLE!!!! In past years we have gathered over 150 items for our
annual picnic raffle. I am sad to report that so far this year we have
barely 1/4 of our expected donations. With the other, bigger ferret
events going on this year & a declining economy, we are being passed
over I believe. I would like to thank Totally Ferret, Ferret Depot,
Ferrets are Love and Zupreem, among others for their contributions
and continued support of our non-profit organization.

With the picnic proceeds, we are able to send 5-6 HUGE boxes of holiday
gifts to needy ferret shelters (from the giving tree), donate funds to
shelters and educate the public on ferrety-goodness. Sadly if we do not
get more raffle donations, we will not be able to fulfill our mission.
If you would like to donate to the picnic raffle - your business will
receive a FREE business card ad in our show program which will go to
60-100+ ferret owners & lovers. Persons wanting to donate can get more
information from our website - www.3rfc.org/apicnic2008.htm or by
contacting our raffle guru - Kathy Stewart at

Again, we would like to invite anyone in the Pittsburgh area to join
us at the 12th annual Three Rivers Ferret Follies on Sunday, September
14th. We will be at the Silent Brook Barn, across from the Skating
Ring - from 11am - 5pm. The TRFC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
and we do accept credit cards as well as checks and cash (of course)
for admission, games, store purchases and raffle tickets.
--
Chris Sayne
Corporate Secretary