From:
pat andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:20:22 -0400
I just called to confirm this and was told animals weren't allowed on
Amtrak...but I used to smuggle my guinea pigs on all the time between
Pittsburgh and Washington .They are much more tranquil than ferrets and
don't need a very large of a carrier.  Mine fit in one of those paper
shopping bags and could hold two adult guinea pigs..

When traveling by train in England I would see dogs at the train station
and dogs sitting beside their owners on the seats of trains.  Sure wish
the same thing held true here although friends over there say things are
starting to move in our direction.

Pat

PS Shiloh took off again last night.  Found her an hour later hanging
around the back door.  Does this mean she knows enough to come home?  Even
if she does, I can't take the strain and need to fix that screen she made
the nice (to her) hole in.

I'm ordering a Have a Heart Trap and a belled collar/harness from UPCO
today!