From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:02:04 -0400
Hi, guys!

Aside from Paleface's update, I had a few other thoughts to share.

CONDOLENCES
First, I want to send my most sincere condolences to everyone with a sick
baby and to everyone who had lost a little one.  We've had so many sad
experiences lately.  I hope you're all healing.

BEDDING SUGGESTION
I have "discovered" a great ferret bed, and I thought I would share the
idea.  Go to the craft store, and purchase a cheap, low-sided, round basket
of appropriate diameter.  Fill with baby receiving blankets.  Insert ferret.

Paleface absolutely loves his bed.  It also has the advantage of being
portable.  I used to try to wrap him up in his blankies and hold his wiggly
little body whenever we had to go out (i.e.  to the vet).  Now I just pick
up the whole basket, and off we go.  Of course, I use a carrier when we are
travelling in the car.  As you all know, it's not safe to have a loose
weasel in the car!

LITTER SUGGESTION
I have to give credit to another FML'r (Gary I believe) for this idea, but
it's so great that it bears repeating.  I have abandoned a litterbox
altogether.  Instead I use (uh, Paleface uses) incontinence pads.  You can
buy them in chair (small) or bed (large) size.  They're clean and easy to
change.  No more tracking litter or litter dust.  They're easy to put
anywhere, and old ferrets (with arthritis) don't have to struggle to climb
in or out of the box.  The cost is comparable to litter, especially if you
buy the bed-sized ones and cut them in half.

PITTSBURGH VET
Wow!  I can't believe someone travelled from the 'burgh to Virginia for
surgery!  I have considered the idea myself!  Just to let you know, if you
need to find care closer, I can highly recommend a more local doctor.  Dr.
Ruth Heller at the Borderbrook Animal Hospital in Murrysville is a fine
doctor (412-327-2200).  Give her a call, and tell her Gina sent ya!

Hope everyone out there is enjoying spring!