From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 07:59:08 -0500
Whenever I hear someone say snorting/honking sounds, I always think
of my Sammy. I described his sound as like crickets. He was finally
diagnosed with cryptococcus. Before we could get it diagnosed, he
started getting crusty around his nose. It is found primarily in the
SW US, and we live in the SE, but diseases can certainly travel. He
was my vet's first cryptococcus case ever. Interestingly enough, he
had a cat come in with it just a few weeks later.

This is quite a few years ago so I don't remember all the details but
I believe my vet took some scrapings from around the nasal area and
had them analyzed.

Katharine
Florida