From:
"Corrie (MsFerret)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:05:12 -0700
Hello,
I know this sounds odd but I have been infested by these small flying and
sometimes crawling bugs, they make me think of fruit flies or baby house
flies (is there such a thing?)

Here is some history.

A few weeks ago a fly got into my basement apartment (I have no idea how)
Anyway I tried and tried to chase it out (sorry up until know I wouldn't
kill a bug) but couldn't.  After a few days it just dissapeard.  Can't find
a dead fly anywhere.  I only have 2 small rooms..one's the ferrets and the
other is mine..oh and a bathroom.

A little while after that I noticed a few small flying bugs.  I tried to
get rid of as many as I could.

I've never had fruit in this apartment.  Don't even cook here..no stove...
Fridege is in seperate room (no bugs there) Ferrets are cleaned twice daily
so is cat pan.

Plus I've had ferrets for 15 years and never once had a bug problem.
Anyway I returned home from work today to find these bugs all over.
Primarily when I opened the garbage can, which only had one sealed bag of
ferret poop from the morning in it, They were in my cats moist food (now
dried up) in the ferrets litterpans and in their room.  They have not
bothered with any of the dry food cats or ferrets (and all extra food is
sealed in plastic containers) Also I have not been bitten by one of these
bugs.  They do not go in the cats litterpan.I have no food laying out.

What can they be??  First I though the original fly had laided eggs
somewhere and these were the babies.  But I thought flies only lived 2
weeks.  These little buggers have been around longer and seem to be
multiplying.  Now I know this sounds real dumb but can earmites sprout
wings???

I had a run of earmites through here about a month and a half ago but all
pets were treated.  I have no idea where these earmites came from in the
first place.

If anyone knows what these are or if there are any pet safe sprays or
anything I can use to get rid of them please let me know.

Thank You
Corrie

The Ferrets~Satchmo.Band-Aid,Flea,Garbonzetta,Zoey and Podo~
The Cat Misty
Visit us at http://www.ferretsdook.com
Visit my Favorite Shelter http://www.kistaferret.com
Check out what I'm selling on eBay 10% of winning bid goes to Kista
Ferret Rescue
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/msferret/