From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:56:45 -0400
Marla, read the past posts on Chiclet, Carla, and Beeker in the FML and
FHL Archives.  I think that your ferret *might* have the current mystery
disease which our Chiclet had last year.  That is why I asked you what
the ferret's white cell count is.

In the FML Archives look for past posts from these two vets who are in
two separate teams that are trying to understand what it is :
Bruce Williams
Mark Burgess.

The address for the FML Archives is in the header of every day's FML
and it is
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
while the FHL Arcives can be found at
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org

Links to these and many useful health resources can be found in the
Critical Refs at
http://www.ferretcongress.org

---

Triple F ferrets have a pink ear tattoo.

What age do the TEETH say?  Size is never a way to age them; too many
things can reduce size.  Dental eruption is the way to go.  If you look
in the FML Archives (addy above) you will find dental eruption info so
that you can get an age from that.  One of the easiest is if the canines
have begun to erupt.  That happens at about 8 weeks so it is easy for
animal inspectors to look for the conical canines coming in to replace
the little needle like baby canines which is one thing that makes 8
weeks an easy age to push for minimal shipping and sales age.

Eyes closed or open?

Remember that problems have also been known to arise at distributors
and that the USDA also regulates distributors.