From:
Kerry and Jeremy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 17:45:43 -0400
I'm sorry to say that this afternoon (Saturday) we had to rush Fozzie to the
hospital.  Our vet was away on vacation and she recommended a place...who
said they ahd to honour their regular appointments before they could see
emergencies.  So obviously we left and went to another animal hospital and
were seen right away and by a vet who has fuzzies herself.

Fozzie had a high fever and was dehydrated, so they gave him fluid under the
skin which made him look like a little camel!  Anyways she thought that
Fozzie's problem of diarrhea, lethargy, lack if appetite and no water
drinking was one of two things... Her number one choice is something I've
never heard of and cannot find in any books or websites...
"Prolific Bowel Disorder" which he has received a 3 week antibiotic dose
for.  or Parasites for which he received 2 treatments for.  (Both treatments
for both options are to be administered by us) She was not sure which so she
felt the best option was to treat both.  Fozzie is in isolation now sleeping
and will be getting lots of pedialyte to drink and Duck soup to eat.

Please e-mail me if any one has heard of this bowel disease or had
parasites...we need advice!!!!
Thanks,
Kerry, Wiilow, Doc, nameless baby girl and Sick Fozzie

P.S. have your fuzzies send happy thoughts to Fozzie:(