From:
andrew_carrie_dishman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:34:00 -0600
hello everyone,
I posted last year about our 2 year old ferret sniffles.  Last year around
this time she had developed a urinary track infection.  We took her to our
vet and he put her on anitbiotics for 3 weeks.  It went away, but came
back again a month later, same course of action was taken, it again went
away, this time it did not come back, untill a month ago.  She started
exhibting the signs, running from litter box to litter box and lathargic.
I took her to the vet, there was again signs of the infection.  He said
there was no crystals but there was blood in her urine.  Anitbiotics were
perscribe again, 3 weeks later I took her back the vet said the infection
was no as back but still present.  He advised us to give her anotherr week
worth of antibiotics.  That week is almost up and I am worried that the
infection is not going to be gone.  I am at my wits end about her.  The
vet said that it could be the begining of adrenal, but she is showing no
other symptoms so he doesn't think we should test for it yet.  Anyone have
an experience like this?  My little baby girl hate this, she fights the
medication everyday and is showing no outword signs of illness.  She eats
a very healthy diet with very limited snacks and the cage is kept very
clean.  I am not sure what to do but I nor her want to keep up with this
ongoing regiment of antibiotics if they are not helping or if it could be
a bigger problem.

Any advice would be great,
Carrie