Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:42:07 -0400
Sandy,

I'm sure others will recommend veterinarians for your friend in
Madison, WI. I wanted to address this part of your post:

>The things is that my fuzzies get VERY upset when transported (ESP
>the one that is sick now) so I can't take him to vets that are far
>away! I don't think he would make it! he get SO UPSET!"

I had the same issue with mine when I lived in MA. Fortunately, Diane
Wall from South Shore Ferret Care made an excellent suggestion. She
said to put in some of your fuzzies' smelly bedding into the carrier
with them when transporting. Worked like a charm! The smell of home
calmed them down immediately and I've never had a problem transporting
them since.

Tressie A. Dutchyn, MA
ID PhD student, Dalhousie University

Research Associate
Atlantic Interdisciplinary Research Network for Social & Behavioral
Issues Hepatitis C & HIV/AIDS
Department of Community Health & Epidemiology
Faculty of Medicine
Dalhousie University