From:
Barbara Laugesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:33:51 -0400
I just had to let everyone know how impressed I am with Senator Dingell and
his work on passing a resolution in Michigan so there will be no more Kodos.
I have not communicated with the Senator since I sent him an e-mail thanking
him for what he was doing to help change things for ferrets.  This was sent
the weekend after we all lost Kodo.  The Senator's office must be keeping
track of all the mail he has received.  Today I received a copy of the
resolution he is proposing from his office.  If only we had more people in
politics throughout our nation like him, then we once again could claim our
right to being a just nation.  I will definitely file his name away for use
later if he should decide to run for a higher office.

I was truly amazed by his follow-up.  Here he responds to someone from out
of his state to let them know how the resolution is progressing, and it is
hard to make contact with the representitives of your own state.  Thank you,
Senator, for helping to restore some faith in the American way!!

Barbara