From:
Frederico Baumhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 21:15:23 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I am posting this as an act of last resort.  I have had my Ferret since July
96 (when I lived in Canada), and was an avid participant in the list.  Some
of you may remember me posting in March about my Ferret where as a result of
my work I have had to unexpectedly relocate to the UK from Canada.  There is
a six month quarantine for any animal entering the UK and at the time I
thought it unfair to subject Sigmund (his name) to solitary for 6 months.
Many people on the list also wrote me telling me I was taking the right
decision in not putting him in quarantine.  He is a good Ferret who has
brought me and my girlfriend much happiness in the last year, so I left him
with her for the last few months, with one of her friends begging to take
him and take care of him for the last six months.

The problem is that my girlfriend is now coming to the UK (coincidentally)
for University and can't keep him.  Again, as mentioned, the person who was
going to Ferret sit him for 9 months has cancelled out on us at the last
minute, without explanation .  My girlfriend leaves from Toronto (where we
lived and Siggi lives) on September 10, we have till then to find him a
temporary home or have to give him to a shelter.

We are desperate to find anyone who can take care of him until July 98 (when
my girlfriend comes back from the UK and hopefully myself as well).  I will
reimburse for costs incurred for Siggi's food, care and materials, and
anything else.  We just need to find him a home for a little while until I
can get home and take him again.  Neither of us knew our lives would bring
us to the UK.  Now all I want to do is go home and get my Ferret back.  I
would appreciate any suggestions, or input the Ferret community could give
me, as to people or shelters in the Toronto area.

Cheers

Fred Baumhardt                                Robin Claridge
London UK                                     Toronto, Ontario

Our contact addresses  are
Me                                  My Girlfriend
[log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]
Phone +44 171 795 6647              Phone Day (416) 746-3372
or    +44 956 538 444               Phone Evening (416) 744-1234