Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 05:25:07 -0800
Hi Everyone,

All is well here, but I do have a question.

My ferrets are really itchy.  No fleas here either.  I haven't changed
anything not their food not their detergent not the litter.  Only thing
that was changed was the baby wipes I use to wipe their cage out daily
they are scented but we switched to them way before they was itchy.  I
know that its shedding season and they do get itchy but mine have never
done anything like this before.

One does have a bacterial skin infection which causes sores on his skin
and he is on antibiotics for that and he doesn't itch.  The vet doesn't
think its contagious as the others would have sores on their skin and
they don't.

I have set up a humidifier in their room and it seems to help a little
bit.  They did have a bath a few weeks ago when the itchy's started and
that helped some of them but they haven't stopped itching yet.  I change
bedding 2 times a week and have even wiped down their bars of the cage.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Julie and her 20 itchy furballs