From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 1995 18:46:08 -0700
To the FML -

    Most of you who know me have realized by now that I tend to leave
most of the politicking to those of you who are far more adept, and try
to concentrate on the medical issues.  However, the recent flap over
the CBS this morning show has mobilized me to utilize my fax machine to
the several organizations whose numbers were so kindly posted for me.

    But at this time, I would like to make notice of the way the FML
has responded to this issue - instead of a volley of flames thrown
about - we have mobilized to the issue, and are acting in concert in a
rational way.  I agree with Ed Altman - the best way to hit CBS is to
send your messages to sponsors of the show with copies to CBS, so that
they know what you  are up to.  A boycott of these sponsor's is enough
to make them nervous, and in so doing, will put pressure on CBS.  I
doubt there is a retraction in the future, or even another story, but I
suppose you never. know.  The CBS News departent is in serious troble
with the bad PR from the Connie Chung problems, and this is the last
thing they need.  So let's keep the pressure up.

    Remember a few things - 1) Time is on our side.  Our numbers as ferret
owners continue to grow, and eventually no state or organization will think
to cross us.  2) Remember, Californians, your state has a LOT of weird
policies (Prop.  187??) and problems - (bankruptcy, etc.) at the moment.
But I am confident as we keep the pressure on, we will eventually triumph.
Everything takes time, but we won't be ignored forever.

    I know BIG is probably tires of CBS posts, and this will be my only
one.  I just wanted to make notice of the fact that the new, more
responsible and concerted air that is prevailing on the FML is a much
appreciated change from some of our squabblings of late.  Let's keep it
up!!!!

    Thanks to everyone who participated in the special issue of the
FML.

Bruce Williams, proud FMLer.