From:
Cheryl J Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:48:20 EST
My 2 1/2 silver mitt, Sushi, also has a bald spot.  On her left rear leg.
The vet thought it was from fleas, even though there are no evident signs of
fleas.  He said a few occasional bites could still be enough to cause this.
So he gave me a cream called Dermagen ointment which is described as a
Nystatin-Neomycin Sulfate-Thiostrepton-Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment
(whatever that all means) with instructions to use twice daily for a week as
needed.  I wondered if anyone else had experience with this cream and bald
spots?  I'm most worried about them(the two ferrets) licking it off each
other.  The cream was also prescribed for my 3 year old albino, Sneeuw, who
has a black spot/crust under her left front leg (kinda in the armpit
section).  It looks like a blood blister almost.  The vet had no real answer
for what it was.  Anyone with ideas?  Thanks for any help.  Love those
fuzzies : - )  In an aside, I was taking a women's psych.  course and we
were discussing birthing.  It was mentioned that during labour a women
secretes a something (can't remember if it was a hormone or something in the
brain) that affects memory; it's purpose being (supposedly) to let a women
remember she experienced pain but not to what degree(now I've never had a
child so I can't say but this is what we were discussing).  Now, how I
relate this to ferrets is that ferrets must also secrete something when they
are causing mischief.  Something that makes you forget how annoyed you were
and turn it into "but they're so cute they did not mean to be mischievous".
So be warned your ferret could be altering your memory leaving you with only
cute memories.

Cheryl
Sneeuw "She's catching on we need the FLO to wipe her memories"
Sushi "Yep- we need to steal the neutralizer from the MIB"