From:
kay cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:41:04 +0000
>My problem is that registration will invariably involve a fee.  Most
>people giving to charity expect 100% of the money to go towards the aims
>of the Charity, NOT to be paid out to some damned civil servant who
>probably knows little or nothing about Ferrets.  In this age of "cut
>to the bone" public finances there is no chance of this being a local
>government function

i totally agree with you, how many small rescues are going to be wanting
to put there hand in there pocket, to enable them to register, the money
will be better spent on the animals in there care not lining someone's
back pocket.

what will we get for our money anyway , my main concern is if the rspca
oversee this registering process i for one will be stopped at the first
hurdle as i hunt my ferrets & i re home to ferreters also i along with
dozens of other people do the same, so unless the body overseeing this
whole thing is totally independent we don't stand a chance,.

do we want to set the image of the ferret back years by creating an
underground element to enable us to carry on & yes re home to ferreters ,
i have never understood there logic they don't mind putting a healthy
ferret to sleep , rather than letting a rescue take it , just because
they work there ferrets , that is so sad, small minded & unnecessary