From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:37:04 -0400
Dear Ferret Friends,

This is a little off topic, but I have about 20 feathers to give away.
They are cockatiel feathers that are all clean and in good shape and I
am offering them to the first come first served.

Now I know the USDA, ya gotta love 'em is against this feather thing,
but I gave them their chance, and there were no takers.

I came home from work, a little later than usual and I was tired.  I took
a minute to start my baked potato then started cleaning my two birds and
five litter boxes.  BEFORE I started I said in a loud voice, anyone want
to help?????  Not a sound.  Mr. USDA, here is your chance to confiscate
some contraband goods.  No one answered.  I have all the plastic bags you
will need, and I will do the ferrets, as they are fussy, ???  - Nothing,
not a peep.

If Big Brother was looking the window, he must have been looking the
other way.  One more time, last chance or the spoils of the litter pan
belong to me.  Still nothing.  By this time, the ferrets were wondering
what I was yelling about.  Just get the poop scooped and bring on the
duck soup.  You're late and we're hungry.  Our tummies think our throats
have been cut, and we will only eat that kibble as a very last resort.

So I guess the feathers are mine.  Email me and I will send them to
anyone doing a project or who needs feathers.  They are gray and white
and are very clean.  The birds manage to poop inside a sealed unit, BUT,
when a feather drops, they throw it out on the floor.  I guess this helps
the Feather Angel to find their house and bring the new winter feathered
coats.

Kitty was all excited about this and thought he would try a feather, but
it didn't have much flavor.  I found it chewed up and spit out on my
bathroom floor.  Everyone has their own litter pan here, but I share my
bathroom with kitty.

I simply have to share this with you.  While I was typing this, the
Shepherd has been licking Kitty's back, and has successfully spiked the
fur along his backbone.  I just touched him and his coat is stiff.  I
don't even want to know what the dog was eating.  To pat Kitty now you
would risk a puncture wound.

I love all my fur kids, life would indeed be dull here without them, and
I would have nothing to do.

Hospice Mom Marilyn