From:
J Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 12:18:15 -0400
At 11:02 5/25/00 -0600, Betty wrote:
>From that point on, I realized that he was not interested in what was best
>for the ferrets in her care, but that he continue to get business from her.
>
>This is indeed a sad world when a vet cannot see past the almighty dollar,
>and is willing to sacrifice the lives of those he is supposedly trying to
>save.  Thank goodness, he is only part of a very, very small minority.

I think you are being a bit unfair to this vet.  You are doing a wonderful
thing, but it is your thing, not his.  Perhaps he doesn't wish to risk a
confrontation with an obviously disturbed woman in an office where other
pet owners may overhear it.  Perhaps his own priorities place greater
weight on the wellbeing of his family.  Maybe he still has large bills to
pay for his schooling.  Maybe his wife has cancer or three of his kids
need braces or are about to enter college.

Charity is something to be requested, not demanded!  If you find yourself
so tied up with this woman that you need help, you can certainly ask for
it, but I think you are a bit over the line when you condemn those who
choose not to commit their personal resources to your cause.

--
Jim H