From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 11:21:33 -0500
Well, Friday has yet more weird symptoms, and I'm really suspecting adrenals
here.  You'll remember she was snortling - had nasal congestion - a few
weeks ago.  That went away, but for the past few days, she's had problems
controlling her hind legs.  She never usually runs in the standard ferret
way - the galumph, i call it - she instead runs in the skittering way, like
a cartoon animal trying to be quiet by running on its tippy-toes.  Well,
normally she has a nicely arched back and is kinda bow-legged in front (very
cute) but the past few days she's been moving with the arch in her back much
flatter.  Her hips swing to one side or the other, and she seems to be
curling her hind leg toes up more than usual.  When she gets onto a slick
surface, her legs slide all over.

So, these are the symptoms i have that make me suspect adrenal:
- last summer's coat short, sparse
- dropped winter coat a month ago
- dropped weight a month ago
- had two long-running low-grade infections
- hind leg weakness
- excessive thirst
- very itchy
- just downright odd behavior

I havent seen any types of insulinoma episodes, she's alert, active, and
playful although slightly depressed by her legs not behaving.  She's eating
fine too.  No swollen vulva.  I'm going to take my vet the info about the TN
panel, but this would be Friday's second adrenal removal, and I can't
remember if the recommended treatment options here are partial adrenalectomy
or complete with medicinal maintenance or a lysodren therapy?  Please
advise, and maybe it won't be adrenals...

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters