Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 17:41:29 -0400
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking & learning with this list for a couple of weeks and have
really enjoyed it.  I have 2 ferrets, one is silver & the other is sable.
The silver one (Yazbo) is going in for surgery tomorrow morning to r/o
adrenal tumors causing her hair loss.  She is at least 7 and I'm hoping she
makes it through the surgery.  She is supposed to be without food & water
after midnight.  Does anyone think this is a little long for a small ferret?
She is very tiny and I'm sure their metabolism is high.  Maybe I'm just
being a "mother".  Words of support will be welcome.  She may not be scared
but I AM :< My other fuzzy is about 5-6 mos.  old & is about 3 times as big
as Yazbo.  We named him Mosfet which is an electronics term but mostly he is
called Moe or Mosey-Joe or any of about 4 other nicknames.  I love them both
& would love to have more.  People don't realize just how great ferrets
are!!

  wish us luck,
   Leighanne

PS: if anyone knows of a ferret rescue in Maryland please let me know, I'd
like to adopt another one.