From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:26:32 -0400
Hello.  My ferrets and I are happy to announce that in October we will
be getting new corners to poop in!  We're moving!  A lot of excitement
is coming; boxes to expolore, packing supplies to investigate, and new
scents to discover.

I haven't moved since having ferrets and I have a few questions.  We'll
have a good amount of our old things, so there will some familiarity of
scent in the new place.  How stressful will this be for my ferrets?  I
am intending to replace some of their tunnel type toys, and would like
to do it before I move (fresh place, fresh scents!), but should I keep
the old ones awhile til they are used to the new home?

Also in two of the rooms (one of which will be the ferrets!) there is
wall to wall carpet.  We've always had bare floors in the corners, which
is good for accidents.  For freeroam I've used newspapers which doesnt'
work well, and will be worse with carpet!  I'm trying desperately to
retrain them for the litterbox outside the cage, but it's not going well.
Any advice for other alternatives (I'm thinking of trying puppy pads but
am afraid of having similiar problems as with the newspaper).

Any advice on scents I can spray in the non-poop approved corners to
discourage the fuzzies from going there?  (I'm thinking I should just
put a litterbox in every corner, that will stop them LOL)

Lastly, we'll have a small balcony.  It's an odd shape that's hard to
ferretproof.  It has four different railing sections attached at slight
(not right) angles.  I'm going to put barricades up by the doors, but
would like to still have some kind of back up on the balcony (we're four
floors up!).  I was thinking of a hard screen or plexiglass along the
railing.  (It's metal railing and concrete floor)

Thanks for any help!  Still hoping to find a good vet in North Andover
area!

Dooks
Risa

PS Someone (was it you Suki?) posted about a mini pond they bought for
their ferrets to use inside.  I would love to get the info for this!

PS for the ferrets room I'm going to get an air filter.  I was planning
on hepa.  Any recommendations or brands to avoid?

Thanks
Risa