From:
ferretfanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 01:25:32 -0500
I am so sad to say that I had to help 2 of my elderly ferrets, Miss
Tizzy, 9 yrs old, and Woody, at least 7.5 yrs.  (was his 4th home, his
prior home had him for 2 yrs, so we knew for certain 7.5 yrs, have no
idea how long he was at first 2 homes) cross the bridge Wed.  Feb 19,
2003.  They had their last kisses from their momma at 10:15 am.  Both
suffered from the typical diseases elderly ferrets get.  Miss Tizzy was
battling insulinoma, too frail for surgery, medication no longer helping,
and it was pitiful to hear her scream in seizures.  It was her time to
go.  Also her forever cagemate Woody, he and his brother Buzz were our
first ferrets, the reason for adopting more ferrets.  I am afraid he was
so full of cancer he deteriorated quickly in his last 3 days.  They both
went peacefully, side by side in their favorite sleepsack donated by
longtime friend Ron Carter.  I am going to greatly miss them both.
Taylor sadly misses both of his cagemates and now is a lone ferret in his
cage.  Thought I would help him out by putting Ginger Snap in his cage
with him for the night, which stressed Ginger out immensly and she had to
returned to Kaos's cage the next morning.  Both Kaos and Ginger showed
their dissatisfaction with the overnight seperation by completely
destroying their cage.  Not a morsel of food in their dishes, not a bit
of litter in the boxes of either cage, they had all been dug up.  I think
I feel more sorry for Taylor than he feels, he is doing fine by himself.
So far no signs of stress from losing them both.  Sandee, please make
sure they find their brother Buzz and their kitty Jinx, they sure have
missed them both.

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
The Fearless FLO!