From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:27:05 -0500
1. Female adrenal disease.  I understand hair loss is a common sign.  Is
the loss ever "patchy"?  I've got a female ferret that has lost a patch of
hair on her side that looks like it was cleanly pulled away from her body.
I'd like to keep an eye on her, but wondered if those who have been through
these symptoms could share their knowledge.

2. Prolapsed Rectum.  I've got a 2 year old boy who is not descented.  He
has had his anal sacs impacted once or twice and the dr. had to "express"
them, much to the joy of the office staff.  This morning I noticed his
rectum looks prolapsed, thinking it was because his anal sacs were impacted
again, I soaked his bottom in a tub of hot/warm water to try and express
some of the stuff.  I think it worked a bit but his bum is still red and
swollen.  I've been in touch with the vet, I'm just wondering what causes a
prolapsed rectum in a 2 year old ferret?  Our one ferret had this when she
was about8 weeks old due to the diet change, but I don't know what would
cause it here.

- Mish

____MICHELLE Z. MATTA____
Desktop Support Consultant