From:
Monica Shimmin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:04:47 -0500
Just for your information!  I just learned that my 11 month old
white/black-eyed mutt Max is deaf ... just like me!  The discovery and
realization made me realize why Max gets so scared when I approach him to
pick him up.  He also gets startled when I tap him from behind and he didn't
run away in time.  He also often looks back when running away from me.  Now
that I realized that he's deaf, no wonder he behaves like that!  So I pick
him up more often to massage him, cuddle him, give him all the physical and
visual senses that he needs to be assured that I'm to be trusted.  He's so
cute.

I plan to check the ferret central website for some info on deaf ferrets
to find out what more I can do to help Max.

Anyway ... I'm happy!  :)

Monica