From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 13:51:55 -0400
>My main obstacle now is getting her to stop irritating her stitches.

Ah, a stitch puller!  We have one who removes her own stitches, and had
one in the long past who would try to remove stitches from others*.  Have
the vet put surgical glue on top of the stitching and add this aspect of
her behavior the file in an "alert spot" so that if she needs surgery
again glue will automatically be put atop stitches on the day of surgery.
Works marvelously.

--Sukie

For ferret health info:
http://geocities.com/sukieslist  (Geocities will go down for a short
while soon for maintenance.)

*More for all: No, we do not let post-surgical ones near others without
supervision which is why he never did serious damage.  BTW, that info,
not letting post-surgical ones climb, using an especially clean way of
tackling waste (newspaper or a newspaper litter such as Yesterday's News),
feeding tricks, etc.  are available in the FML and FHL archives using
search engines.  To find out about the FML archive read the header that's
on every issue of the FML.  For the FHL ones just go to the FHL website
listed above.  Vet pathologist, Bruce Williams, has a fine bit on feeding
sick ferrets that can be found at his afip addie by using that link at my
geocities addy above.  Lots of useful links there.