Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:44:01 -0400
First Delta airlines allows ferrets to fly in cabin.  I recently had the
pleasure of flying Delta Airlines from Orlando FL to Dallas TX and then
driving to visit a friend that had the sweetest kits in the world.  Two
of the kits flew back to Orlando with me in cabin.  I DID have to make
reservations for the pet carrier when I booked the tickets.  (Only two pet
carriers are allowed on any one flight in cabin)

The woman that I paid for the carriers "ticket' was enchanted watching the
kits playing in the carrier.  She asked many questions and finally asked if
she could hold one or both of the babies.

The woman at the gate, while we were boarding the plane also had to steal a
peek through the carrier and also commented on how cute they were.

After an uneventful non stop flight to Orlando while we were de-planeing
the flight crew all stopped to take a look, including the captain.  Again
all commented on how sweet they both were.

Because this was the last stop for this crew for the night we all rode the
shuttle from the gate to the main airport together.  One of the flight
attendants told me that they transport ferrets quite often.  She went on to
tell me how on one flight there were four ferrets in a carrier and how two
escaped.  It was a red eye flight but everyone did turn their lights on and
the ferrets were found and returned to their carrier.  Her final comment
about that was 'but it was no big deal'.  Flying Delta was a pleasure and I
would recommend them to anyone that can possibly fly with them if you need
to transport ferrets.