From:
Carol Ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:38:33 EDT
>Carol1Rnc writes:
>Hi I've been a faithful reader for a couple of weeks now and find your
>listings educational as well as amusing.  I love hearing others stories
>about their furry friends.  we have 2 of them Alex is a 11/2 year old
>female and Taz(yes,as in the Tasmanian devil) a 10 week old male.  Alex
>still isn't sure what she thinks of him, so there's a lot of the
>territorial stuff going on, we let them play together supervised of course,
>and still keep them in separate cages, but would like to eventually put
>them both in our larger multilevel cage.  Any suggestions on how to do this
>without too much arguing between the children would be most appreciated
>!!!!  They really only spend nights and about an hour in the cage anyway.

The main reason I am writing is a few days ago someone wrote in,
unfortunately anonymously.  They stated that they had traveled to Miami
from I don't know where to purchase a ferret and had no luck.  I just
wanted to recommend a very good pet store in Jenson Beach about 100miles
north of Miami.  They only sell Marshall Ferrets and only purchase the
Ferrets when an order is placed so they never have a lot of ferrets on hand
but will gladly get you one in about 2 weeks.  I personally recommend this
method above going into a store where they have 10 or so ferrets who have
been in the store for God knows how long and have been handled by who knows
how many people.  This is from personal experience, we purchased our first
ferret Alex on a whim, fortunately it worked out well for all concerned,
but IS NOT the way to go about it......little did we know the work involved
and cost to properly care for our furry friend, but we learned on the job
so to speak and now would have 10 if our wallets allowed.  Anyway I'm
getting away from the point Alex was a problem child in the beginning,
biting constantly refusing to use the litter pan etc.  Taz on the other
hand came home has never bitten except in play and then very gently and
immediately used the litter pan.  I think the difference being that he
wasn't exposed to all the bad habits that Alex had been, and so was a much
more mellow pet.  Anyway if the person is still interested in purchasing a
ferret in FL I will be happy to furnish them the name of the store if they
would care to email me.  [log in to unmask]

Have a great day all
Carol, Queen Alex and The Tasmanian devil