From:
"Jeffery J. Hayward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 16:58:56 -0500
Due to my job I'm being relocated to Dallas, TX and have to give up my two
ferrets, one of whom has been with me for 5 years.  I was hoping I would not
have had to write this.

The first ferret is Cody.  He's almost 6.  He has adrenal disease on one
gland and loses fur on his tail and back.  Besides for that the only way to
tell is that he sleeps a lot.  He is extremely friendly but a little older
and quite a bit slower than he used to be.  Cody is a sable and is a little
larger and rotund because he is not as active as he used to be.

Samantha is his partner in crime.  She is a beautiful albino.  She is a real
heartbreaker.  She is a fluffy little blur of motion.  Loves to play and
play and hardly ever sleeps.  This one is so much fun to have around.  She's
not quite a year old.  She trained very well, she nips occasionally but no
more than normal and only playfully like a puppy.  She's also very good at
using her litter box.  (Cody will have accidents, I believe this is another
condition of the adrenal problem).

The two of them go together.  Cody's overall health and disposition really
improved when we got Sami, and I really do not want to separate them.

Currently they have an 86 square foot cage that takes up 32 sq feet of space
in my basement (multi leveled).  This cage will take a lot of work to
reassemble since it was custom built.  It needs to be completely
disassembled to get it out of my basement.  I'm not sure if this cage will
make the relocation with me unless someone is 100% positive they want it.
It will be a lot of work to reassemble but the ferrets love it.  Its three
levels has ramps and tunnels, seperate living/eating areas etc etc.

They also have a standard metal sleeping cage (sleeping only).  I believe
its 2 feet by 4 feet with a drop pan etc.  This breaks down and could easily
go with the ferrets.  It cost around $100 but will be free to a good home.

Food dishes, a couple toys will also go with.  You shouldn't need to buy
anything.  Both ferrets are current on shots and vet trips.  The vet tells
me Cody is as healthy as can be expected but he still is sick.  He is not in
any pain to the best of everyone's knowledge.

If you live in the Appleton WI area the ferrets will be there until
Wednesday May 1st, after that they will be in Dallas TX.  If they are
relocated to Dallas I will need to find a home immediately since we will be
living in a hotel and I cannot care for them there as I need to (more or
less even be allowed to have them there at all).

If you have a good ferret home for these two please let me know.

Thank you all for your time.

Regards,
 Jeff