From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 00:16:39 -0800
My boys Zeus and Hermes used to go through black drainage tubes that we
had throughout the house.  They were big boys and they even had baritone
dooks.  So, they would go through the plastic tubes and you would hear
this low baritone "dook dook dook" and then Hermes would answer with his
low baritone "dook dook dook" and then you'd hear what sounded like rapid
fire b-b gun shots from them wagging and thumping their tails really
fast.  It was awesome to hear them.  My husband and I would stand in the
door of their room when they were playing and silently laugh and watch
the tubes when they would get going.  Since we had a kind of maze of
tubes going on, I think they were using it to find each other.  The tubes
were black with holes in it every 3 inches or so, so it was pretty dark
in there.  Hermes was also very proficient with the thumping because he
had an unusually LONG tail.  It was 3/4 the length of his body.  It was
the weirdest thing.  He would do a low "sweep" with his tail as he walked
all the time anyway.  The boys have moved on, and none of the kids here
now do it.  However, I do notice that my Venus does do the "sweep" as she
walks, but, no thumping. :-(

April and the Hoodlums of Doom