From:
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:12:41 -0400
I'm so sorry for the short post I send out on Thursday in regards to Robert
Jarmain.  I've got my hands full here with everything going on and I was
really, really tired.

Mr. Jarmain will be sentenced for cruelty to a ferret on August 12, 1999.
I promise I will let you all know what the outcome of that is.

The trial was great.  I was called as a surprise witness ( a surprise to me
too!) and Amy, Paul and Dr. Reegan did a great job too.  What clenched it
for us was Bob's testimony.  He lied about everything from his animals to
his property even though the evidence was right in front of his face.  He
even swore that the horses in his field were "stray" and that they "jumped
the fence" to eat in his pasture.... The courtroom burst into laughter when
this was said :o)

On the Ontario ferret attack.  If you still would like to help end this in
Ontario, we are currently trying to have cruelty charges placed for the
ferret.  The investigating officer is Srgt.  Jim Grimley of Durham Regional
Police.  The number is 1-905-579-1520.  Please urge the charges.

Today's (Saturday) Toronto Star had some great letters to the Editor on
this case.  Hopefully some of you had a chance to pick it up and read it.

Randy

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter by clicking here.