From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:11:20 -0500
Our Hilbert has his own chosen task ever since he got me awake when our
home was filling with fumes maybe a year and a half ago. He watches my
breathing when I am not awake. If I am snoring too badly or otherwise
showing signs from my asthma kicking up he will alert Steve if Steve is
here, and if Steve is not here he will wake me. That is not a trained
task, though. It is one he set for himself. My allergist knows that
Hilbert does this, so if I had serious asthma maybe there is a
professional who would admit to knowing a service task ferret...

Years ago when another ferret was ill one of our females used to alert
us whenever he was about to take an acute turn for the worse. We were
able to get sleep that way.

The question, of course, is whether ferrets could consistently enough
to taught to the tasks instead of adopting them themselves...

Just looking for some websites to help people find pet friendly hotels/
motels/camp grounds, though a Google search find many, many more:

http://www.officialpethotels.com/

http://www.petswelcome.com/

http://www.letsgopets.com/

http://www.1clickpethotels.com/

http://www.extendedstayhotels.com/?WT.srch=1

http://www.takeyourpet.com/

http://www.bestpetfriendlyhotels.net/

http://www.passporter.com/articles/traveling-with-pets.asp

http://www.campingpa.com/mail/repets.htm

and there are many more!

Vetnet suggests asking AAA for their info on places that let you stay
with your pets.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: