From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:05:07 -0700
Hi, everyone.

This is an amazing story.  About 9 or 10 years ago, I received an
emergency call from someone whose dog had attacked a ferret in her back
yard.  The ferret was clearly suffering and she wanted to know what to
do.  I drove over to her house and found a little guy who was basically
in shock and whimpering from internal bleeding.  He died in my arms as
we were frantically driving around town looking for a vet to treat him
(it was late at night).

She kept my number all these years and now her son, who is 27 and owns
two ferrets, is being called to active duty in the Middle East.  He needs
to find a home for his ferrets.  They're 1 1/2 to 2 years old, 1 male
and 1 female, both fixed, with first shots and healthy.  They come with
a cage and food.  He needs to find a home for them by next Wednesday,
March 5.

As I am no longer working full time, I can't afford to take in another
two ferrets in addition to the two I have, one of whom has insulinoma
and the other of whom gets regular injections for adrenal disease.  Is
there a shelter or ferret owner here in New Mexico who would adopt these
ferrets as a service to someone in the service?  Please get back with me
asap.

Thank you.
Linda, Chocolate Moose, and Zipper