From:
Trudy Wallach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:05:55 -0400
To answer any questions about whether a ferret will use a slide, you
should attend one of the Massachusetts Ferret Friends Events.  We have a
wonderful foster home (Alan and Joanne Ouellette) that is very creative
and works very hard to make sure that the ferrets have a very full life.
They recently put together the "World Famous MaFF Ferret Playground" - it
has everything a ferret could want, including a slide.  Because ferrets
have such short legs and can't climb the stairs, he has added tubing
going up the sides with an outlet at the top so the ferrets can slide
down with ease.  Not only do they slide down, but those little buggers
also try to climb up!!!  So far, no one has won that race!!  Alan and Jo
are so generous that they even made several of the slides for some of us,
and having one myself I can tell you that as soon as my ferrets get out
to play - that is the first 'toy' they want to play on.  The entire time
they are out, all you can hear are their little feet going up, and down,
the tubes to the slide.  If you want to see pictures of this wonderful
playground, visit the MaFF website at www.maferrets.org - a picture of
the playground is on the home page, but if you to the gallery section and
look at any of the event photos you will see the ferrets having the time
of their lives!!

TJ

Trudy Jo Wallach
Foster Network Coordinator