From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:51:29 EST
Need some help from the kindly FML readers finding a particular type of
food.  Heres the story:

Bandit came into our shelter in January, just after the holidays.  It seems
that a 17-year-old girl, decided that she was going to buy a ferret with
the money from her first paycheck, even after her mother said "No".  So
she reads the paper and buys her first ferret: "Ferret, cage & accessories,
$50.00".  The person selling her the ferret was a fast talker, thats for
sure - he explained away the brown canine "He bites the bars sometimes"
and the bare skin on his butt "he's allergic to cedar shavings" and she
buys him.

Mom, understandably, freaks - tells her to get the animal out, NOW.  Thats
where I come in.  She brings over a medium sized plastic dog crate - that
was Bandit's cage for 5 years.  The carpet inside reeks of urine.  The
canine is dark brown/almost black from the root to the tip, which is
broken.  Dead canine.  He has the classic baldness associated with
adrenals - and is eating some godawful crap called "G-whiskers Cat food".

Bandit is having a hard time of it - we had to cancel his adrenal surgery
scheduled for next monday because he has developed diarrhea and just isn't
happy with life right now.  He's lost a good bit of weight (4 oz) since his
first vet visit - and he got a Lupron shot instead.  When he stresses out,
he stops eating.  We can force-feed him, but the problem is, I'm running
out of this crap that he is eating - and when he gets stressed, if he does
eat, this is the only food he will willingly eat.

Does anyone know where I can buy this stuff?  I had him upgraded to
DeliCat, but when he backslid, he won't even eat that.
Thanks in advance!

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854