From:
Jason Hockley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 03:55:56 -0400
First of all, Troy, that "typical morning" post was hilarious.  I laughed
my tail off.  I can especially relate to tossing ferrets onto the nearest
soft peice of furnature to prevent escape from the ferret-safe area.
Unfortunatly, my fuzzbutts think it's a great game, and charge back for
more.  <sigh>

Anyway, I just thought I'd post this little story involving my little albino
kit Puff, and my two adult sables, Pepper n' Pablo.  This little critter is
hyperactive, and as all fuzzy owners know, a hyperactive ferret can be quite
a whrilwind.  Anyhow, I let the kids out for their nightly 8 hour romp in
the rec-room, ignorantly forgetting that the floors were just steam cleaned,
and the steam cleaner was still out.  After opening the cage door, I took
the dog outside.  5 minutes later, I come back inside, noticing that the 2
adults were sniffing and pawing about the steam cleaner.  I cursed at myself
for not remembering about it, took it and started to haul it into the
basement, not knowing that Puff, the little deviant, was having great fun
running about the hose of it.  I set it down, and opened the basement door.
Just then, a little black animal raced between my feet, and up the stairs.
I stoped, thought about it for a moment, screamed, and shot up the stairs
after her.  When I reached the top, I scanned the room, and there she was
frolicing about in an ash-try.

Needless to say, my previously white, clean little fuzzy was now jet black,
and had ashes all over her, and smelled almost as bad as I felt.  I treked
her up to the bathroom, and half an hour later, she was clean as a whistle.
I brought her downstairs, moved the ashtray to a ferret-safe spot, and sat
down, to finally relax, or so I thought.  Someone has left a half-eaten
plate of spagetti on the table.  On the plate, looking up at me very happily
were Pablo and Pepper, covered in spagetti sauce.  I threw a little tantrum,
grabbed them, and back upstairs I went, gave them a bath, and went back
downstairs.  Thankfully, that was the end of that little fiasco.

It was all made worth my while though, when I settled down on the couch
watching TV, they all cuddled up around me for a little nap.  Yet another
example of ferret love making everything better.  =)

Happy dooking.

             Jason Hockley                            fade away
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/1069/index.html