From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:51:23 -0400
>From:    Jan Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Breeding

For a start check out ftp://ftp.zenferret.com/pub/FAQ/breeding.faq

Then we are more than happy to ask any questions.

>From:    Sandi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Performance Foods/Totally Ferret
>We've gone through the bad batches of food, the recalls, the failure
>to acknowledge problems with their product and now we receive a letter
>telling us we can no longer by directly from them.  We're just too small.
>(A $2,000 minimum order has never seemed small to us.)

We can remember NO failure to acknowledge problems.  But rather far more
willingness to own up to problems than other companies.

You should probably consider that your small $2000 order - yes small - is
hurting Performance foods as a company.  How could they continue to help
ferrets in so many ways if all of their income goes into supporting your
business?  This isn't the first time you have used public tactics like
this.

If you don't want to do business as a business perhaps you should not run a
business.  Mazuri comes from Purina mills.  Is that a company you could
knowingly support?

>From:    Pat Musick <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Performance Foods
>From what I have just read here, it sounds like Performance foods is no
>longer ferret friendly, but money friendly.

We are not surprised to see you complaining about money.  Tom and Trish
Willard do far more for ferrets than almost anyone you could name.

>[Moderator's note: Spoke to Dr. Tom Willard of Performance Foods.  He
>says he will reply shortly to the concerns which have appeared on the
>FML lately.  Let's hold off to see what he has to say.  BIG]

This list has never been friendly to folks like the Willards who actually
bet their entire life savings on doing something for ferrets.  It would
be hard to name more than a few people who've done that.

>From:    Derrick <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Performance Foods/Totally Ferret
>Check out Path Valley Farms' ferret diet.  High quality without the
>expense.  www.pathvalleyfarm.com

Low price often means lower quality ingredients.

>Ferrets love the taste

And children love candy.

Dr Willard was the first to truly develop a food designed completely for
ferrets.  In our opinion and that of other noted experts Totally Ferret
has no peers.  Others such as NEEPS food though are indeed very good
perhaps but without the years long track record.

He willingly gives of his knowledge on the Ferret Health List.  Are any
other ferret food manufacturers represented on such services?

But when a company struggling to grow decides that it can no longer carry
the load for others they are reviled.  It is a shame the in the ferret
world we continue to "eat our own" like this.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets