From:
Liz Tveite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:40:04 EST
Happy New Year to All:
I have been reading all the posts up to now and am ready to join in the
discussions.

My fuzzies and I live in Minnesota and work with the local shelter.  I
have 10 ferrets of my own (started with the first 1 year ago) and 7
foster kids.

Our shelter is in dire need of funds.  Most have come from out of pocket
by the three main people that house the shelter kids.  I have been working
with a lawyer (he is not charging us) to get us incorporated and apply for
501(c)(3) status.  This has helped a horse shelter in our area attract
more donations.

Is anyone out there a 501(c)(3)?  I am looking for any tips you can give
us as we start the paperwork.  We are just at the incorporating stage now.
It is a long process, but we hope it will be worth it.

Thank You,
Liz T