From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:11:51 -0500
Animals have a strange but accurate way of telling us of things in
their past. Just like a human, their behavior is a condition of total
past experiences.

Peekaboo, in that manner, 'told' me she had a series of very bad
experiences in her past. I know for sure the shelter that arranged for
me to get her treated her with the utmost of kindness and good care. I
think the SPCA that had her treated her reasonably well even though she
was in a cage 24x7, that being somewhat cruel but just how it went.

But the owner before all that must have done some things that were
physically abusive. Peekaboo told me of that. SHe is fine here, and
is in the best of care. But her past came out yesterday and it made
me think of how lucky these two were that I was able to take them
when I did. They were to be put down very shortly by the SPCA where
no one wanted them, and they are the sweetest little creatures one
could ask for.

I was in the hall here, Peekaboo came running by to catch up with me.
She is almost totally blind and ran right on by me when I stopped. I
just stood about a foot aside of her path but after she ran by she knew
she had 'lost' me and stopped to engage her shiff-o-rator to locate me.
She ran back right on by me but again stopped about 5 feet past me to
get that sniff-o-rator working. She did this several times and would
have found me if I had not moved. Kind of like rearranging the
furniture for Helen Keller.

So with that all behind us, I put her under the bed spread on my bed
where she curled up for a good well earned sleep-a-thon.

Glad to have them. They now are on their new diet. I guess they have
taken to it ok, Peekaboo got to snorkling about and sniffed it, took
a piece out and ran out of the cage with that piece to enjoy it absent
of Pester's attention for fear of loosing it. That tells me she prizes
that morsel, but there are many more for her in the 'j' feeder.

Gordon, Peekaboo, and Pester.

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111