From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:26:08 -0500
I am very pleased to announce two new members of the International Ferret
Congress committee!

Sandra Kudrak, DVM, joined us a couple months ago as our Medical Affairs
Advisor.  Sandra was instrumental in getting a bill passed in Maine
mandating an 8-week minimum age for ferret kit sales, and is currently
practicing in Poughkeepsie, New York.  She was also the primary author
of the petition to the USDA-APHIS on the regulation of ferrets.

Alexandra Sargent-Colburn recently became our Communications Coordinator.
Alexandra is well known to FMLers as the writer of posts about the
exploits of her ferrets, pigmy hedgehog and John Deere tractor.  She
writes a regular column in Ferrets Magazine.  Alexandra will assist the
IFC on letter writing campaigns, including our renewed efforts to have
dangerous ferret products removed from the marketplace.

Welcome Sandra and Alexandra!  We know you will both be great assets to
our organization!

We also have new duties for some of our current members.  Renee Downs is
now our FERT coordinator.  FERT is the Ferret Emergency Response Team
that came out of our Katrina rescue efforts.  FERT will help to organize
rescue and assistance efforts for natural disasters and other
emergencies.

Brenda Johnson is now our Shelter and Vendor coordinator.  As well as
working with vendors during our symposia and other events, Brenda will
coordinate various efforts with shelters.

You can see a complete list of our committee members at our web site,
just click on the Contact Us link on the left.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org