From:
Bobbi Hunsaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:22:03 -0400
This morning I had to get more food for the fuzzies from the Pet Supplies
Plus in Mentor, OH.  They have about 8 or more kits in a 4 sided glass
enclosure (open top).  There was no food, the water bottle was on the floor
of the cage and poop was piled up in one corner.  One of the ferts was able
to jump out several times while I stood there talking to another customer
answering questions about ferrets.  When I asked the manager if he would
mind if I fed them and gave them water before I left and that I wouldn't
mind doing it for him, he acted offended and said "we just opened, I'll
take care of it in a few minutes."  A guy in the store told me he was told
by that same manager that the live animals there contribute to only about
2% of their business, their care is not a priority apparently.  It's
terrible that they should be allowed to sell animals that they are not
prepared or willing to care for until they are sold.  They should just
sell pet supplies if that's the case!